Sunday, April 15, 2012

SURFS UP - 52 Weeks of Color Challenge – Bright Turquoise

I love love love this color.  Why? Because of my fondness for native american jewelry and specifically turquoise and silver jewelry.  I have spent many years going to art shows, powwows, working at art shows and powwows and more specifically, I spent a week on Standing Rock Reservation coordinating a school supply and clothing drive for a local non-profit organization and one of the tribes members that lives in my area.

I have met many artists at these events and have a little treasure collection for myself of jewelry. Nothing grand but every piece something that means everything to me.

I didn't do a native inspired photo session, it's spring here and my thoughts turn to the beach always.  I surf on Second Life and took this photo in one of those surfing sims I often visit.

I am going to throughly enjoy looking at everyones posts and hope to add to my turquoise collection.  This bathing suit is from ISON from the marketplace.  I have had my sunglasses seems like forever, from Kalnins.

Have a great week everyone!


This is me way back when surfing in the former Weather Channel's sim.



This is me today, still surfing at Pelican Bay - Surf Beach - Monkey Tail

 
Ok here goes the style card thingy hehe.

Hair - Truth Lucia in Tahiti
Sunglasses - Kalnins
Swimsuit - ISON from the marketplace
Bracelet - Zaara Pratha silver cuff in turquoise
Earrings - Paper Couture Oxidized Silver Hoops from the marketplace



1 comment:

  1. oh nice to hear about your rl.. and the pictures are so cool!!!

    ReplyDelete